Jan 30, 2009

the sevillian shelf.

homeopathic medicine that hanni left me.
the "isms - understanding art" book that i bought in tate modern.
the book he gave me. i never read it because: a)i think it's shit b)i think he's shit.
márquez's "el amor en los tiempos del cólera" that i bought when the movie came out, inspired by the soundtrack. it's in spanish. i never achieved reading it.
cervantes' plays as a present from a friend before i left to spain.
"short history of the world" that i read in rhodes trying to fill the history holes in my head.
several maps of sevilla and one of madrid.
bulgakov's "master and margarita", sent to me by mail from belgrade to sevilla. i didn't want to miss out on the compulsory high school literature.
same story for "hamlet" and "faust".
still haven't read any of them.
2 books of amazing short stories.
mendoza and cela in serbian.
murakami's "norweigan wood" that my dad got for birthday and i sneaked to sevilla on the way back from winter holidays. absolutely loved it.
a guide-book to "sevilla & andalucía". it's there to remind me of how little here i've seen.
a guide-book to writing essays. who knows why.
"the scarlet letter" given to me by the english teacher who is apparently a lover of cheesy 19th century anglo-saxon novels. he is also freaky, funny, shy, easily-scared and has an awful accent.
"fahrenheit 451" that hanni left me, with the nicest words written on the first page.
pamuk's "new life" that i didn't finish for how melancholic it was, and for how melancholic i was.
millas' "el mundo" that i got for christmas.
"wise sayings". funny tiny book. it's too smart.
2 spanish-english dictionaries.
toltz's "a fraction of the whole" that has thrilled me and scarily reminded me of myself.
baroja's "el árbol de la ciencia". reading it now. liking it, i think.
several editions of vogue.
me and my friends framed.
a big green candle.
a big pink flower for the hair.
leche condensada and bags of white and dark sugar.
chanel chance from barcelona.
coco mademoiselle from singapore.
flowerbomb from rome.
jewelry.
immigration papers.
a little box that stayed after the girl from ukraine.

No comments: